Inside this Issue:
- The Latest on Labor: Lots of New Jobs in June
- Ford Gored: June Sales Plummet as Chip Crunch Grips
- Health Care History: How Did It Get So Messed Up?
- Dining In, Dining Out: General Mills Mulls America’s Meals
- The Dollar Store Story: The Triumphs of Small Box Retail
- Amazon’s Impact on Prices: Deflationary or Inflationary?
- Wholesale Fairy Tale: Record Sales for Distribution’s Whales
- Oh Gee, 6G: Looking to the Next, Next Thing in Telecom
- Uncle Sam’s Helping Hand: How U.S. Stimulus Stims Global Growth
- And This Week’s Featured Place: Madison, Wisconsin, More than Just Campus and Capitol
Quote of the Week
“In recent months, public interest in a ‘digital dollar’ has reached fever pitch… But before we get carried away with the novelty, I think we need to subject the promises of a CBDC [central bank digital currency] to a careful critical analysis.”
-Fed Vice Chair for Supervision Randal Quarles, speaking at the Utah Bankers Association Convention