Inside this Issue:
- Employment Enjoyment? Not quite, but May jobs report better than April
- Wherefore Art Thou Warehouse? Logistics Taking Center Stage
- Is Supersonic Economic? United Airlines Thinks So
- Holy Ship! Cruise Bookings on Fire
- 5G Jam: Why the Slow 5G-telecom rollout?
- Money Market Muddle: Are Negative Interest Rates Coming?
- Gravy for the Navy: Congress Weighs Funding for Next-Gen Subs
- Machine Yearning: The Origins of Internet Recommendation Systems
- Senior Danger: As the Population Ages, a Threat from Higher Wages
- And This Week’s Featured Place: Fresno, California, Alarm on the Farm
Quote of the Week
“Who would have expected us—and by ‘us’ I mean the industry and the broader economy—to exit a pandemic as strongly as we are going to.”
-JP Morgan co-President Gordon Smith, speaking at an Alliance Bernstein investor event