Inside this Issue:
- Memorial Movement: Americans On the Road Again
- Transition Mission: Ford Presents its Plan to Melt the ICE
- Acquisition Mission: Amazon Buys a Movie Studio
- Competition Mission: D.C. A.G. Says Amazon Hurts Consumers
- Emissions Mission: Oil Firm Shareholders Stage Revolution to Cut Pollution
- Tuition Mission: Colleges and the Shrinking Demographic Challenge
- Keen for Green: Why the Boom in Eco-Friendly Assets?
- Lender Vendors: A Look at Some Leading Non-Bank Mortgage Merchants
- Wide World of Ports: America’s Busiest International Trade Gateways
- From Steel to Storage: A Warehouse Boom in Pennsylvania; Good News or Bad?
- Who’s Working Where? Employment Trends by State
- And This Week’s Featured Place: Miami, Florida, Money Likes Sunny
Quote of the Week
“I’m fairly confident that crypto is going to play a big role in payments, to be determined exactly how big and in what kind of sequence and staging over time. But we are big time leaning into the crypto space because of the fact that we think it really could make a big difference. And what our strategy is, is to get as involved as we can, to learn as much as we can talking to various blockchain players, as well as talking to and getting involved with as many crypto wallets as we can around the world.”
-Visa CEO Alfred Kelly, speaking at a JP Morgan investor event